The use of porcelain veneers is quite widespread in cosmetic dentistry. All cases and veneers are not alike. There are hundreds of different types of porcelain and even two dentists using the same porcelain do not create the same appearance.
The photos above, show a lovely lady who was unhappy with her smile. Her desire was for a natural and more full smile. She is on the stage and her appearance is essential and expressed that she did not want "chiclets". To create a natural and attractive smile, it was also necessary to create better tooth/tooth proportions to each other and layer the porcelain shades for natural light reflection. This type of smile design also looks natural and attractive on the stage with lights reflecting on the teeth.
You can also notice how the smile follows her lower lip line and improves the symmetry of her smile as well. The left side of her smile was also tucked back a bit and the cuspids were a bit out of line. The lateral incisors were also too small in relation to the other teeth. Attention to detail in smile design and proper porcelain veneer design helped to create this beautiful smile.
A case preparation should be done in wax on models and temporary veneers made from this. Using this technique enables the patient to have a “test drive” smile with the temporary veneers and any changes in design can be corrected. This is so important and can also assist with shade selection. One can also determine if the veneer size and shape are correct and acceptable.
Additional factors to consider are:
- Proper Anatomical Design of the veneers
- Luster or shine built into the veneers
- Texture of the veneers (affects light reflection)
- Bonding procedures
- Type and shade of cement medium used (affects the brightness and color of the veneers)
- Artistic re-contouring of the veneers once in place
When choosing a cosmetic dentist, it is important to consider the following:
- Finding a cosmetic dentist who ask and listens to your desires
- See close up photos (smile gallery of before and after) of similar cases the dentist has done, not photos of someone else’s work
- Ask about the smile design
- Inquire about your bite and how the teeth meet together (if your teeth are worn and broken, it is possible that Functional Cosmetic Dentistry™ may be needed)
- Find out the dentists true experience level
- Check reviews
- Ask how the procedure works, beautiful temporary veneers should be used
Cosmetic Dentistry is a true art form and science and can do wonders for smiles in the hands of a skilled cosmetic dentist.
If you have any questions regarding Houston Cosmetic Dentist or Houston Porcelain Veneers, please feel free to contact us at 713-668-2289, Ronald W. Konig DDS, FAGD, LVIF, FIAPA