White Porcelain Fillings
Dental fillings are an essential treatment that allow Dr. Konig to stop the destruction of decay and restore a tooth after the decay is removed. Dr. Konig is committed to offering his patients the most advanced, aesthetically pleasing dental restorations available. He restores decayed teeth with white dental fillings, an advanced option with many advantages over metal fillings.
Before White Fillings
White Fillings - After
What Are White Dental Fillings?
White fillings are created with a resin compound. This material is applied to your cavity in layers until the desired level of restoration is reached. A special type of light is used to harden and set each layer. As a final step, Dr. Konig shapes and polishes the filling to look optimally natural and attractive.
In years past, the go-to filling material was metal amalgam. Although some dentists still use this material, the most modern fillings today are made from composite resin, like the ones Dr. Konig provides. There are several reasons metal fillings are not the desired choice today:
- Unattractive in your smile. Metal fillings are apparent when you laugh and speak. White fillings blend into your smile and are matched to your natural tooth color. No one will notice your white fillings, and thus you can feel more confident in your social interactions.
- Expansion and contraction. Metal fillings expand and contract in response to temperature fluctuations in your mouth. Such movement can crack the tooth containing the filling. When this happens, a tooth crown may be needed to restore the damaged tooth.
- Presence of mercury. Metal fillings contain certain types of material that some patients want to avoid. Chief among them is mercury, which in very high concentrations can be toxic if ingested. Fillings don't contain enough mercury to be considered dangerous, but many people prefer to avoid having any amount of it in their mouths.
For these reasons, Dr. Konig has been using composite resin fillings for more than a decade. He wants you to have effective dental restorations that are not only good for your teeth, but that also create an attractive, pleasing smile.
Molars with Metal Fillings
After Replacement with Porcelain Fillings
Advantages of White Dental Fillings
Dr. Konig provides white tooth fillings because of the benefits they provide to you and his other guests:
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Mercury free
- Bonds to the tooth for a durable hold
- Prevents breakage due to temperature fluctuations
Dr. Konig has the experience and skills to match the color of the filling precisely to the surrounding teeth, and to create and cure the white filling to be long-lasting. You'll be able to smile confidently without anyone knowing you have white dental fillings.
If you are searching for an experienced dentist to provide white dental fillings in Houston, please call our experienced staff at 713-668-2289 to schedule an appointment. We serve patients from all of the surrounding areas as well, including Katy, Sugar Land and The Woodlands.