Dental implant technology continues to improve and the results and techniques have become very predictable from single teeth to multiple teeth, to full mouth dental implants. This blog will focus on replacing multiple teeth utilizing advanced implant planning and placement.
In the case below, this lady was missing three teeth on the upper left side and was interested in getting rid of her removable partial denture. Implants were discussed and completed as you see in the photo below. A brief description of the hi-tech planning and treatment process we used is as follows:
- Diagnostic Molds of the teeth and a 3D scanning film are taken
- 3D Scan: this allows for precise implant placement and no guesswork, we can plan exactly where, how long, and what type of implants are best prior to any surgery. Truly amazing
- Flapless surgical guide is planned and fabricated: this guides the implant placement to the precise site planned and no flaps are needed during surgery, this makes recovery and discomfort minimal for the patient
- At this point we will fabricate a temporary to allow our patients to have teeth during the 90 day wait period before we impress for long term porcelain crowns
- After 90 days: impressions for custom abutments and all porcelain crowns
- Final implant crowns placed and patients bite meticulously adjusted using a computerized TekScan
Our patient now has fixed teeth that look and feel like her natural teeth. They cannot be removed and are cared for like natural teeth with brushing and flossing. Patients are usually so happy not having to take their teeth out and to be able eat and speak with comfort. To see more before and after cases, pleaes visit our dental implant gallery.
-Ronald W. Konig DDS, FAGD, LVIF