About Your Porcelain Veneers Design
Each person has a unique smile and facial shape. If you believe porcelain veneers are the optimal solution for improving your smile, the veneers should be designed in a way that flatter your face, lips and your overall appearance.
As an experienced, highly trained dentist with an eye for what is aesthetically pleasing, Dr. Ronald Konig can design a personalized approach to your porcelain veneers. To schedule a consultation with Dr. Konig, please call our office at <713-668-2289.
The Importance of Artistry in Veneer Design
Natural teeth are not the same, and porcelain veneer designs should be unique to the individual as well. In the photo below, there is an image of the patient's teeth before treatment, and then two images of each smile design so that you can see how certain design elements affect the overall appearance of the smile.
You deserve to feel confident every time you smile. Porcelain veneers are a highly versatile treatment that provide the advantage of instant results and correction of a wide array of dental problems. But equally important to the quality and versatility of porcelain veneers is the skill and artistry of the dental professional who places them.
Dr. Konig is personally committed to allowing you to have the smile you've always wanted, the smile that will allow you to feel attractive and confident. He has the experience and training necessary to create a smile design with porcelain veneers that will achieve those outcomes.
Elements of Porcelain Veneer Design
Some of the central design elements related to porcelain veneers are:
- Shape: Veneers can be more round or more square, which can influence how wide the teeth appear and how large the teeth appear.
- Texture: Texture on porcelain veneers can be adjusted to affect the way the teeth reflect light and to influence how white they appear.
- Space: The space between teeth can be modified with porcelain veneers. This spacing (known as "embrasure spaces") can have a profound effect on the overall appearance of the smile, because greater spacing tends to make the teeth look more natural and unique, but some people prefer decreased embrasure spaces.
- Angulation: Porcelain veneers can be ever so slightly angled inward – giving the teeth a less protrusive look – or they can be ever so slightly "built out" for a fuller, more assertive smile style.
- Glaze: The glaze of veneers influences how shiny and glossy your teeth will look.
During your one-on-one consultation, you and Dr. Konig will discuss your candidacy and all of these design features and others as part of creating your unique smile makeover with porcelain veneers.
If you are interested in porcelain veneers to make over your smile, please call Ronald W. Konig, DDS, FAGD, LVIF, at 713-668-2289. Experienced Houston dentist Dr. Konig serves patients from areas including Katy, Sugar Land and The Woodlands.