Houston Dentist Dr. Ronald Konig
Dr. Ronald W. Konig is an experienced and attentive dentist serving Houston and all surrounding areas of Texas. Caring, committed, and exceptionally effective, Dr. Konig has been listed as both a Top Dentist and a Super Dentist in Houston since 2005. Dr. Konig has also been listed as one of America’s Top Dentists, maintaining the number one spot in the Houston area since 2015.
If you are looking for the highest quality care from an experienced and proven general, cosmetic, and neuromuscular dentist, please call Ronald W. Konig, DDS, FAGD, LVIF, FIAPA at 713-668-2229 to schedule your initial consultation today. We welcome patients from Katy, Sugar Land, The Woodlands, and surrounding areas of Texas. Dr. Konig speaks English, Spanish, and Vietnamese, and welcomes all patients to our welcoming and safe dental practice.
Committed to Houston
Dr. Konig is committed to Houston and strongly involved in his community. Locally, he has been named the Best TMJ dentist in Houston by Living Magazine, Houston’s Top Dentist by Houstonia Magazine, and one of Houston's Best Dentists by the website Expertise.
Dr. Konig is a member of:
- Texas Dental Association
- Greater Houston Dental Society
- Houston Eating Disorders Society
- On the GHDS Journal Editorial Advisory Board
- Editorial Manager for the online submission and peer review tracking system CRANIO: The Journal of Craniomandibular & Sleep Practice
Since 2012, Dr. Konig’s practice has been listed as an A+ Rated BBB Accredited Business. Not only is this a reflection of his commitment to patient safety and satisfaction, but testament to the instance of our helpful staff to provide the most comprehensive, efficacious, and long-lasting treatments available today. Call our office or click the picture below to get in touch and schedule an appointment with Dr. Konig today.
Dr. Konig maintains a private practice located near the Texas Medical Center in Houston. Our office employs the use of state-of-the-art high tech treatment modalities including the use of lasers, computerized bite analysis, tooth whitening technology, and CBCT 3D Imaging System. The 3D imaging allows for accurate dental implant planning and imaging of the TMJ, and helps ensure the most effective treatment for each of our patients.
Education and Training
A graduate of Baylor College of Dentistry, Dr. Konig continued his post-graduate training at the L.D. Pankey Institute for Advanced Dentistry, completing all four “essential” courses, before attending the Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies (LVI). He was awarded a Fellowship from the Academy of General Dentistry for his extensive continuing education endeavors.
Dr. Konig is one of only four LVI Fellows in Houston and is an LVI Clinical Instructor. LVI is a highly esteemed and prestigious post-graduate education institution focused on several areas of dentistry, including TMJ dentistry and cosmetic dentistry. Dr. Konig has completed all courses within Cores I-VII. Among this comprehensive list of courses are:
- Advanced Functional Aesthetics
- Comprehensive Aesthetic Reconstruction
- Mastering Neuromuscular Occlusion (Occlusion II)
- Full Mouth Reconstruction
- Neuromuscular DenturesScan Interpretation
- TMJ Scan Interpretation and Treatment
- Sleep Dental Medicine
- Physical Therapy with TMD, 2 part series
- TMJ and Trigger Point Injections
- Advanced TMJ Session 1 & 2
- Craniocervical Treatment with Marino Rocabaldo
Additionally, Dr. Konig completes about 150 hours of continuing education and focuses on TMJ cosmetics, dental implants, and neuromuscular orthodontics each year.
Along with attending numerous continuing education courses yearly, Dr. Konig has assisted in teaching dentists advanced techniques, and is frequently called on by his colleagues to share his experience, especially in TMJ and complex cases. Various media, including television and magazines, have featured him for his expertise in cosmetic dentistry, TMJ treatment, and neuromuscular dentistry and reconstructive dentistry. View Dr. Konig's Linked In Profile
Fellowships and Affiliations
Dr. Konig maintains active memberships in many organizations including:
- Las Vegas Institute
- The American Academy of Craniofacial Pain
- International College of Craniomandibular Orthopedics (one of only 15 members in Texas)
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- International Academy of Physiologic Aesthetics
Dr. Konig has earned Fellowship distinction in:
- The Academy of General Dentistry: Dr. Konig passed the AGD's Fellowship exam and has completed 500 hours of continuing education. Less than 5 percent of dentists in the country have completed that level of continuing education commitment
- Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies: Dr. Konig has passed the Fellowship exam and completed all core courses of the Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies
- The International Association of Comprehensive Aesthetics: Dr. Konig passed the IACA's Fellowship exam and has participated in 6 of the last 10 meetings over the past 9 years
As a dental patient, you deserve a dentist who is committed to bringing you the most effective care and advanced techniques. Dr. Konig has expansive dental knowledge and skills advanced by his active involvement in continuing education and his affiliation with today's leading dentistry associations.
If you are searching for an experienced, highly trained, and thoroughly educated dentist in Houston or nearby Katy, Sugar Land or The Woodlands, please contact Ronald W. Konig, DDS, FAGD, by calling 713-668-2229 to learn more about our practice and to schedule a consultation with Dr. Konig.