Many patients are concerned about dental implants and if they can look natural with cosmetic dentistry on the front teeth. With proper surgical and restorative planning they can. The photo below is of a young lady who had accident and broke the upper right front tooth and fractured the upper left front tooth beyond repair. This tooth had to be extracted and a dental implant placed. The photos show the outcome.
These results are possible when the following are incorporated:
1) Proper selection of implant type and size: there are hundreds of different dental implants, one kind does not suit all
2) Proper gum tissue management: when the tooth is extracted, a temporary implant crown is designed to maintain the gum tissue architecture.
3) Atraumatic removal of the tooth
4) The use of a custom abutment (the white piece that we attach to the implant): this is designed to mimic the natural tooth root in size and shape
5) Custom shading of the porcelain crown and dental implant crown: this helps to make the crowns blend in with the adjacent natural teeth.
6) Design of the texture, anatomy, and glaze on the crowns : this helps the teeth reflect light the same as the natural teeth
These factors and many more are just a few of the artistic elements that go into helping patients towards a great smile after trauma. If you have any questions about Houston Dental Implants or Houston Cosmetic Dentist, please feel free to call our office, Ronald W. Konig DDS, FAGD, LVIF 713-668-2289